3 c white bread-making flour
1 1/2 t salt
1 T sugar
2 t instant dried yeast
1 1/4 water, roughly at room temperature
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Plonk all the ingredients into your mixer with the dough hook attached.
- Knead for 6 minutes or so (just enough time to finished the washing up from lunch!), adding more water if necessary to make a smooth and elastic dough.
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with oil. Cover and leave for about 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to the highest temp. Punch the dough down, then roll out in a rope, and pinch off 10-12 small pieces. Make these into small balls, then use a rolling pin to flatten into thin circles.
- Bake each circle for 4 minutes on the bottom shelf of the oven until the bread puffs up. Turn over and bake for 2 minutes more or until nicely browned and fragrant. Store the flat bread in a pile between dry, clean teatowels to keep them warm and soft until it's time to eat!