Thursday, 25 September 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

~ Do visit Peggy's to see all the Daybook links this week. ~

Thursday September 25, 2008 ...

Outside My Window... the night is dark, with thick clouds blocking the stars from view ...

I am thinking... that I must remember to take Boo's bottle with us on holiday, or there'll be drama at bedtime ...

I am thankful for... modern medicine: specifically, the antibiotics that the doctor gave me today to nip an emerging chest infection in the bud. Hopefully I won't spend the next week or so coughing on the beach ...

From the kitchen... a salmon, broccoli and cheese quiche, served with tender crisp green beans and carrots: the perfect meal for using up almost every last item in the fridge ...

I am wearing... candy-striped flannel PJs (I won't wear a summer nightie until the nights are almost searingly hot), a heavy woollen dressing gown in light-blue checks, and pink, green and blue striped socks ...

I am creating... the layout of a new book on computing, which needs to be finished in the morning before we can leave!...

I am going... to Vanuatu on holiday! Tomorrow we drive to Auntie Margaret's house in the city, where we will stay Friday night as our flight leaves at 6am on Saturday morning ...

I am reading... Boo's glowing preschool report, which makes my heart sing with pride, and makes me laugh as I realise how well his teachers know him already (quote: "oh what a talker! Boo can talk to us about anything, and his love of stories is evident by his concentration and contribution to discussions about them.") ...

I am hoping... to pack everything I need quickly and easily tomorrow, and not forget a thing! ...

I am hearing... the quiet hum of the computer, and steady tick of the tiger-striped clock that Boo's kind and clever Great-Auntie made especially for him ...

Around the house... are scattered articles waiting to be packed, bins to empty, and flowers to discard ...

One of my favorite things... is getting on a plane and knowing that there is nothing else to be done except to relax and enjoy the ride -- and that soon the world will look, smell and feel so exotic ...

Here is picture thought I am sharing ...

2 comments:

sharilyn said...

LOVE the leave skeleton! i collected a bunch of those from a river up north one year... i think they are absolutely beautiful!

have a wonderful and relaxing holiday! all the best to you...

sharilyn said...

oops! i meant "leaf" skeleton! fast fingers got carried away! :)