This jam slice is made from store-cupboard staples, so is perfect for a day which already includes plenty to do -- like cleaning rooms and making up beds for guests -- so you don't need to add in a trip to the shops. And the slice will stay moist and tasty for up to four days, so you can whip it out for afternoon tea whenever another visitor arrives.
1 c caster sugar
2/3 c self-raising flour
1 1/3c plain flour
1 c raspberry jam (or apricot, or whichever you choose really)
2/3 c caster sugar
2 c dessicated coconut
2 c shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Line a large rectangular tin with baking paper.
- Cream butter, sugar and egg until light and fluffy. Stir in the flours and mix until combined. Spread the mixture over the bottom of the pan, and cover evenly with jam.
- To make the topping, lightly whisk the eggs, then mix the topping ingredients together. Spread the topping evenly over the jam.
- Bake 180C for about 35 minutes.