Friday, 28 March 2008

Intimations of Autumn

Here, Easter often marks a change in the weather, and this year it's true to form. Today there's a distinct autumn chill in the air, and the leaves have begun to colour and fall to the ground in crackling heaps. And although I welcome the coolness, we've had such an enchanted summer this year that I am a little wistful to see it leave.
But soon there will be golden skies, piles of rosy apples, open fires and toasty warm beds with hot waterbottles in them to enjoy.
Every season has its wonders.

4 comments:

Joanna said...

You must live in the Southern Hemisphere! My husbands brother and his family live in Namibia and when they talk about the change of season (their Autumn -our Spring) I have to get my brain into gear..!

I too enjoy the suitability of the seasons.

Mrs. Mordecai said...

You take the most beautiful pictures. I love them both today.

smalltownmom said...

Your photos are always so beautiful.

Mary Beth said...

Easter heralds the change in weather over here on the other side of the world - we're getting ready for Spring! I love your bowls by the way:)