Tuesday, 19 February 2008

Special Delivery

Last weekend my kind Jumps made a special trip into the city to pick up several pieces of furniture that I recently bought on ebay.
Our house was pretty much filled with bits of furniture that we've been given over the years, or picked up cheaply as students. While some pieces are lovely, others have sentimental value, or are too practical to give up -- but several were disasters. It was when I had to vacuum my bedroom floor several times to collect all the bits of chipboard that were flaking off a veneer bedside table that I decided I'd had 'enough'!
However, we do have a budget to stick to, and I certainly don't want to become too precious about expensive 'stuff', especially since a busy, happy little person also lives here. And while I expect good, careful behaviour from Boo, he is allowed to drink his milk curled up on the sofas, and use cushions to make cubbyhouses and towers, and park his little cars along the shelves of the bookcases.
ebay was the solution. After several weeks searching, I found some good, solid, beautiful, preloved furniture, which will suit our whole family for many years to come.

Boo was very interested in the new arrivals.
So we now have two beautiful 'new' wooden bedside tables and a tallboy in my bedroom.
The family room houses a dear little old-fashioned cottage-like lounge suite, a little television table and a nest of three wooden tables.
In the lounge room I'm delighted with my ottoman (which serendipitously matches my lounge suite), a lovely wooden reading lamp, a bookshelf, a sweet folding wooden side table and a television table. (Goodness, such a large list does sound profligate -- but none of it was purchased on credit, and most pieces were far under $100.)

My house looks so lovely!

6 comments:

Beck said...

They're beautiful - and your house looks gorgeous!

Niki RuralWritings said...

I agree, your house looks lovely!

Mrs. Bonnie said...

I love them also! I'm trying to do something with our furniture- in good shape, just a bit worn and very dated. I've got slip covers started, but no-where near finished!

My Inspired Heart said...

You house does look beautiful! I love the side tables. eBay is a great place to pick up wonderful items. I always look there first before I buy anywhere else. You can get surprisingly good stuff for well within an average budget. Great job!

Carrie said...

Very beautiful and cozy home!

Samurr said...

Interestinghtr post
.