Thursday, 14 February 2008

Savoury Hearts


Today mother's group met at my house for tea and a chat with a Valentine's Day theme. Everyone was asked to bring a teatime offering with a 'heart' shape.
Therese's little savoury hearts were the hit of the morning, both with the adults and children.
Simply cut heart shapes from ready-rolled sheets of puff pastry, top with a smear of tomato paste, a sprinkle of dried herbs, sliced olives and slices of baby tomato, then sprinkle over cheese. Bake in a hot oven for 5 minutes or until browned.

5 comments:

Deebsnomore said...

These little pastry hearts look great, I might even do them for us tomorrow

Mrs. Bonnie said...

Yum!

Carrie said...

This looks yummy!

I even have everything on hand to make for Valentine's Day!

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beck said...

Those are so pretty! I'm making little heart pizzas for my kids' lunches tomorrow.