To my surprise, the recipe was requested (and immediately written down attentively) by both Monique and Kerry.
And, since it really was thrown together according to what I had in my pantry, I thought I should record it myself, as my unreliable memory simply won't stretch to recreating it at a later date.
1 medium brown onion, diced
1 T butter and 1 T oil
900g carrots, peeled and diced
1 t ground coriander
1 clove garlic, crushed
1L chicken stock
4T skim milk powder
2T chopped fresh coriander
- Saute onion in combined butter and oil over low heat until softened and golden.
- Turn up heat and add the coriander powder. Fry until fragrant.
- Add the garlic; cook one minute.
- Add carrots and fry one minute.
- Add stock; bring to the boil, then turn down heat and simmer until carrots are soft.
- Cool. Pour in milk powder and puree with a hand blender.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with fresh coriander.