Friday, 22 February 2008

Carrot and Coriander Soup

This hearty, low-fat soup was devoured at our craft and cooking group for lunch today.
To my surprise, the recipe was requested (and immediately written down attentively) by both Monique and Kerry.
And, since it really was thrown together according to what I had in my pantry, I thought I should record it myself, as my unreliable memory simply won't stretch to recreating it at a later date.

Serves 4

1 medium brown onion, diced
1 T butter and 1 T oil
900g carrots, peeled and diced
1 t ground coriander
1 clove garlic, crushed
1L chicken stock
4T skim milk powder
2T chopped fresh coriander

  1. Saute onion in combined butter and oil over low heat until softened and golden.
  2. Turn up heat and add the coriander powder. Fry until fragrant.
  3. Add the garlic; cook one minute.
  4. Add carrots and fry one minute.
  5. Add stock; bring to the boil, then turn down heat and simmer until carrots are soft.
  6. Cool. Pour in milk powder and puree with a hand blender.
  7. Serve warm, sprinkled with fresh coriander.

1 comment:

Beck said...

Oh, yummy! I haven't made carrot soup in AGES - maybe I'll make some for lunch.