Friday, 15 February 2008

Valentine's Day

Jumps and I celebrate Valentine's Day in a very low key way, usually by giving eachother homemade cards and maybe cooking a special dinner. It's a quiet and personal time, a few moments to recognise our enduring commitment to eachother and the love we share.
This year Boo and I added to the festivities by making some Valentine's decorations.


Yesterday we pegged together a pretty heart banner, which we strung it in the lounge room to display the message "We love Daddy".

On the dining room table is a cute bouquet of lollipop Valentine flowers (thanks to Skip to my Lou for this idea and template), which we made yesterday with the other toddlers at mother's group.
I woke up late this morning and was presented with a cup of tea in bed and a lovely Valentine's card from Jumps (homemade, with beautiful sentiments). At this Boo suddenly stopped jumping on my bed and looked at me plaintively, then asked sadly "Where's my card?"
So I sent him away on a mission to fetch a book from the family room, quickly cobbled together an offering from my card box (one featuring a happy pig), and placed it on his pillow.
He was thrilled!
So it seems this year I have two Valentines -- lucky me!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Thanks so much for making the lollipop flowers part of your Valentine's Day! They look so colorful and happy! You did a beautiful job! I love the banner also!

Beck said...

My heart did a moment's rending when I read about his sudden realization that he didn't have a valentine - but then you fixed it, you great mama.